Packing in Style for Your Caribbean Yacht Charter
Your yacht charter is booked. Now you need to pack!
You will be surprised how little you actually need when on a yacht charter in the Caribbean. We suggest keeping it to a minimum especially given:
- Most sailing yachts, including SY Nemo, are very spacious. However, there is limited storage space, so it is advisable to bring soft canvas bags, without wheels
- Most of the time you will outside enjoying the warm winter sunshine
- The Caribbean is very relaxed and informal – no ball gowns required!
- It is pretty warm at night too, so you won’t need those woolly pajamas 😉
Consider packing the following:
- Clothes that can be layered and that you don’t mind wearing a couple of times. Clothes made from quick-dry fabrics are ideal
- One or two outfits for going ashore in the evening
- Multiple bathing suits
- Something to protect you from the sun when you are snorkelling, kayaking and paddle boarding. An old T-shirt you don’t mind getting wet will do
- A hat that will stay on when we are heading into the wind
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Shoes you need for going ashore. Note that many boats have a no shoe policy on board, including SY Nemo, unless they are new shoes with non-marking soles that have not previously been worn on land.
Download Your Free ‘Packing in Style’ Check List
For a comprehensive packing list that will help you stay stylish during your Caribbean sailing holiday, download our FREE ‘Packing in Style’ Check List today.
Thanks for reading our sailing blog. If you have any comments or feedback on our article, please share below. Or, if you want to stay in touch and get special offers, discounts, unforgettable sailing holiday ideas and more sign yourself up here!
Neil & Sam
The BlueFoot Travel Team
About BlueFoot Travel
We offer sailing holidays in the Caribbean. Join us on board a shared yacht and experience an unforgettable crewed cabin charter. Book a cabin for your sailing vacation – ideal for solo and single travellers, couples and small groups. Relax and recharge. Enjoy delicious healthy food. Get hands-on sailing experience with an RYA sailing instructor. And, have lots of fun as we sail from one beautiful island to the next. Sail in style with BlueFoot Travel.