Your privacy is critically important to us.
Services And Scope
Data We Collect
Data You Provide To Us
When you place an order; inquire about our Services; request emails from us about our offerings; opt-in to marketing activities; follow us or submit information, including photographs, via third-party social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, etc.); enter a contest or participate in a marketing survey; or submit other information to us directly or through third-party services, you are asked to provide personal information that uniquely identifies you.
We collect the following types of personal information: your contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number), birthdate, passport information, flight information, purchase history, personal information (such as flipper size, clothing size, food and drink preferences), information about your age, information you provide by interacting with us through social media, and photographs that you submit on our sites or through our social media channels
Content Posted by You
We may provide you with the ability to rate or review the services we sell or otherwise post content on our website through our social media channels. Any comments or reviews that you provide are accessible to all users of the relevant platform and may be visible to others or collected by third-parties, so you should use discretion when posting information and you should not post personal information. If you do post personal information, you do so at your own risk.
Data We Automatically Get From You
You don’t have to provide any information that directly identifies you to browse our website. Like most website operators, BlueFoot Travel collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. BlueFoot Travel’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how BlueFoot Travel’s visitors use its website.
BlueFoot Travel may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. BlueFoot Travel may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, BlueFoot Travel does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
Social Media Features
Some parts of our websites include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button and the “share this” widget. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on our websites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
Links To External Sites
How Your Data is Used
We use your data to provide, support, personalise and develop our Services. How we use your personal information will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in booking a Service. We use the information that we have about you to provide and personalize our Services so that they can be more relevant and useful to you and others. When providing direct services, advertising or marketing, or performing security, administrative, or customer service activities, we may use the information we collect in the following manner, including without limitation, to:
Providing Direct Services
- complete a sales transaction;
- provide services that you request;
- reserve services on your behalf;
- administer rebates.
Advertising and Marketing
- send you email updates, newsletters, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- communicate with you about our services, and to customise our communications with you, including by identifying preferences you provide to us;
- analyse your purchases and preferences to better understand your service needs and to tailor our services to you;
- publish customer testimonials or photos;
- analyse our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our website or social media channels;
- improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or
- to send follow-up communications thanking you for your business or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- track the efficacy of our website and help us learn more about our visitors’ and customers’ shopping behaviour; and/or
- improve our website experience.
- protect against error, fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
Customer Service Activities
- provide customer service when you need help and/or to improve customer experiences;
- provide status updates on your order;
- enable you to communicate with us through social networks or other interactive media.
How We Share Your Data
We do not rent or sell your personal information to others and we do not use personal information to make automated decisions.
Protection of Personally-Identifying Information
BlueFoot Travel discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on BlueFoot Travel’s behalf or to provide services available at BlueFoot Travel’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees may be located outside of your home country; by using BlueFoot Travel’s website and services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. BlueFoot Travel will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. BlueFoot Travel will also not use personal information to make automated decisions.
If you are a registered user of https://www.bluefoottravel.com and have supplied your email address to BlueFoot Travel, BlueFoot Travel may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with BlueFoot Travel and our services. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. BlueFoot Travel takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Other than to its employees as described above, BlueFoot Travel discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when BlueFoot Travel believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of BlueFoot Travel, third parties or the public at large.
If BlueFoot Travel, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that BlueFoot Travel goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of BlueFoot Travel may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
In the event we become aware that the security of the sites has been compromised or users’ personal information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with data protection and law enforcement authorities.
Right To Access And Control Your Personal Information
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your booking form and preference sheets to communication controls.
For personal information that we have about you, you can request the following:
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
Change or Correct Data
You can ask us to edit some of your personal data. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate. Simply email us at email@example.com.
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data
You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Opting out of communications
We offer you choices about how to manage how we communicate with you.
- Email/Direct Mail: You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g. order status).
- Cookies: You may disable cookies in your Web browser, but doing so will impact the usability of the website.
- Contests: From time to time, we may provide you with the opportunity to participate in contests, sweepstakes, surveys and/or other promotions on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these contests, sweepstakes, surveys and/or promotions is completely voluntary, and you, therefore, have a choice about whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; in those cases, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal data you provide through a contest, sweepstakes, survey and/or promotion with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
How To Contact Us
If you have questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, please contact us at the following:
Skype: +44 (0) 20 3287 2259 or +1 (408) 520-9633
Mail: You can contact us in writing at the following address: BlueFoot Travel, Second Floor, Columbus Centre, Tortola, VG1110, British Virgin Islands or Holmans Farm, Ashill, Ilminster, Somerset, TA199NN, UK.
Please remember that email sent over the Internet is not secure. If you send an email directly to us from your own email account, the contents will not be encrypted. Do not send sensitive information (like a credit card number) to us via unencrypted email. We are not responsible for any transmission by you of any personal information over the Internet.