Need further assistance?
What clothes do you recommend I bring?
You will be surprised how little you actually need to pack, so try and keep it to a minimum. Whilst Nemo is very spacious, she has limited storage space, so it is advisable to only bring what you really need. Please pack:
- Clothes that can be layered and that you don’t mind wearing a couple of times. Clothes made from quick-dry fabrics, are ideal.
- One or two outfits for going ashore in the evening, remember it is casual in the Caribbean.
- Multiple bathing suits.
- Something to protect you from the sun when you are snorkelling, kayaking and paddle boarding. An old T-shirt you don’t mind getting wet will do.
- A hat that will stay on when we are heading into wind
- Shoes you need for going ashore, as we have a no shoe policy on board Nemo, unless they are new shoes with non-marking soles that have not previously been worn on land.
One of the biggest things you will be bringing with you is your bag! So make sure you can roll your bag up so it can fit in one of the small cupboards in your cabin. Soft canvas bags, without wheels, are the best option.
If you are interested in making a lasting impact in the community when you join us on a sailing holiday please read more about our support for Pack For A Purpose. We know space is tight, but if you are able to save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects we support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of local children and families. Read more here.
What other things do I need to bring with me?
This is not a definitive list, but bring:
- Enough sunscreen and aftersun for your trip. Please do not bring spray or oil sunscreens, as they can stain the boat. Creams of at least SFP 30, reef-safe and eco-friendly are recommended. We have tested a number of sunscreen over time and you see which ones we recommend on BlueFoot Travel’s Amazon page. Note: When going in the water, please consider using a t-shirt, long sleeved shirt or UV rash vest instead of using sun cream. This means reduced sun cream in the water that damages reefs and marine environments.
- Insect / mosquito repellent
- Your entertainment of choice, a Kindle, music (we have speakers), crosswords…whatever rocks your boat!
- Any medication you need
- Be prepared for seasickness, as everyone can get it on occasion
- A valid passport and any visas you may need. Please check your passport and visa requirements before coming.
What do I not need to bring with me?
We provide you with the following, which guests sometimes think they need to bring with them:
- Bathroom and beach towels
- Bed linen
- Snorkelling equipment and fins, although some guests prefer to bring and use there own
- All the safety equipment you will need
What electrical appliances can I bring with me?
Anything you can connect to your car’s lighter socket can also be connected to the 12V sockets. We have 12V as well as USB chargers on board for your use.
Appliances such as hairdryers, hair straighteners and irons use too much power for Nemo’s electrical system, so please do not bring these with you.
Do you recommend any products?
Yes! Guests often ask us about some of the products we use during our holidays. To make it simple for you to find some of our favourite products you can do so on BlueFoot Travel’s Amazon page.
Pack For A Purpose
BlueFoot Travel is a proud member of an exciting initiative called Pack for Purpose.
Pack For a Purpose, allows travellers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects we support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of local children and families.
BlueFoot Travel has arranged to support projects with Blue Grenadines in Bequia, Keepin’ It Real in Toucari Dominica, Sunsation Tours in Grenada and Charter Yacht Society in the BVI.
If you would like to support a Pack For A Purpose project when you sail to Bequia or Dominica with BlueFoot Travel you can read more here about how to do so here. We have arranged to drop your supplies with three companies and if possible we will also visit the projects to deliver the items you have brought.