Need further assistance?
How do I book a sailing trip with BlueFoot Travel?
Our booking process is personalised to meet your individual needs. To start your booking, you can contact us in the following ways:
- The ‘Contact Us’ page
- On each ‘Sailing Trip’ pages, there is also a booking enquiry form
- Or you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your booking request, we will communicate via email to complete your booking. This ensures we can answer all your questions personally before you finalise your booking.
Please do not book flights until we have confirmed availability for your sailing trip. See our Getting To Your Yacht Charter FAQ section for more information on flights.
As part of our booking process, you will be asked to complete a Booking Form and a Food and Beverage Preference Sheet so we can tailor our bar and menu to meet your tastes as much as possible. You will be then be provided with our Holiday Guide, payment schedule and payment details.
How much does a sailing trip cost?
All of our sailing vacations are very competitively priced. Pricing is dependent on whether or not you are sharing a cabin, taking the whole yacht and the trip length and destination. Each sailing trip details the pricing options. Please contact us should you have further questions on pricing.
What is included in the price of the trip?
- Captain (Neil) – Commercial Yachtmaster Ocean & RYA Cruising Instructor
- Crew (Sam) – Commercial Yachtmaster Offshore & Host/Cook
- A private en-suite cabin and access to all other communal areas
- Bed linens, cabin towels and Turkish beach towels
- Meals – All breakfasts, lunches, and 5 or 6 dinners
- Drinks – Standard ship’s bar (Soft and alcoholic beverages)
- Bag of ice each day (based on island availability)
- Use of all toys: kayak, paddleboard, snorkelling equipment, inflatables and fishing gear (no fishing allowed in BVI)
- All marina, customs and immigration fees
- All water, fuel and gas used on board
- A taxi service in Dory the Dinghy
What is not included in the price of the trip?
- All flights and transfers to and from your sailing trip (airport or hotel)
- Drinks and meals ashore (2 evening meal are ashore on an 8-day trip and 3 evening meals on a 10-day trip)
- Premium soft and alcoholic beverages.
- Any additional excursions or tours
- Personal travel insurance
- Crew Gratuities. Gratuities are at your own discretion and if you feel that your crew have done a wonderful job then a gratuity would be most welcome! The industry standard is 10-15% of the all-inclusive rate.
How do I pay for a trip?
We have two methods of payment:
- Through a bank transfer in either $US or GBP. Bank charges may apply. These will be payable by you.
- Through PayPal. PayPal fees will apply, for more information click here. These will be payable by you.
We will provide you with our Banking or PayPal information in the Invoice.
When do I pay?
We ask for 25% of the trip cost at the time of booking and the outstanding balance is due 50 days before the trip starts.
Please refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions for full details of our payment schedule.
What is the cancellation process?
Please refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions for full details of our cancellation process.
Do I need Personal Travel Insurance?
We strongly recommend you purchase fully comprehensive travel insurance, as the relatively small cost of this will insure against circumstances that may cause cancellation such as adverse weather conditions, missing flights or ill health prior to leaving your home country.
You can contact your travel agent for insurance details, or alternatively, we recommend World Nomads, as their policies include sailing, kayaking, snorkelling and using a SUP.