Need further assistance?
We understand you may have a lot of questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) and what BlueFoot Travel is doing to ensure we can continue to provide exceptional and safe cabin charters.
Please find below our latest travel and quarantine guidelines which will be updated regularly based on updates and advice issued by the CDC, WHO and local government entities.
Can I book a cabin charter for a date in the future?
Absolutely! If you are planning your next yacht charter between December 2020 and July 2021, we would love to welcome you on board. Given the current environment, we have amended our booking process as follows and will only be sailing in St Vincent & The Grenadines:
- We require our booking form to be completed at the time of your booking enquiry.
- A 10% deposit is payable 50 days before your trip commences.
- The final 90% is required 14 days before the trip starts.
- Our cancellation and refund policy is detailed in our Booking Terms & Conditions
Important: Please note that additional costs introduced by islands to address COVID19 will not be covered by the trip costs. For example, PCR tests, quarantine accommodation, additional customs and immigration fees.
You can view our sailing trip schedule here and all trips can be booked as private trips if no previous cabins have been booked.
What travel and quarantine advisories are in place for the Caribbean?
Important: Latest travel and quarantine advisories for countries that have connecting flights to St Vincent & The Grenadines can be found below. Please ensure you read the latest Travel advisory before planning your flights for your sailing trip. Please confirm your flight details with BlueFoot Travel before booking your flights.
Barbados (Updated 10/11/20)
Grenada (Updated 14/11/2020)
St Lucia (Updated 22/12/2020)
St Vincent & The Grenadines (Updated 23/02/2021)
How is BlueFoot Travel responding to the Coronavirus?
BlueFoot Travel has implemented additional cleaning measures to ensure the wellbeing of our guests, crew and islanders. We are closely monitoring all updates and advice issued by the CDC, WHO and local government entities.
We have also amended our 2020-21 cabin charter schedule so that we are primarily sailing in the waters of one country so we can minimise any potential travel disruptions that might occur due to border crossings from Island to island during the trip.
What new cleaning measures are you putting in place when charters resume?
We have always done a deep clean of the yacht and equipment onboard between each charter and will continue to do so. Below you can see what we are specifically doing and we are continually reviewing and updating these procedures based on advice issued by CDC, WHO and local government entities.
Yacht Cleanliness Pre Charter Pickup
- Wherever possible the yacht will have no visitors on board for 48 hours before your arrival to reduce the risk of contamination for future guests.
The following areas will be included in the deep clean above deck:
- All railings
- Helm, engine gear throttle and navigation equipment
- Cockpit table and seating area
- Clutches, winches and winch handles
- Anchor locker and windlass
- All exterior cushions will be washed after each charter
The following areas will be included in the deep clean below deck:
- Door and window handles
- All electric switches
- Saloon and navigation table and seating area
- Galley, galley equipment, dishes, glasses, knives. spoons…
- Heads and showers
- Cabins, linen, doors, lockers and all exposed surfaces
Food and boat provisioning
- We have always taken great care to ensure that any food brought onboard is stored correctly and is undamaged before the charter.
- We will, in addition, disinfect all containers and packaging brought onto the boat and ensure that fresh produce is washed and stored appropriately.
- Your crew will wear government recommended protective gear at all times when in contact with guests and visitors at pick up points and shore visits.
- We will temperature-check daily before the workday begins and once again at lunchtime.
- We will adhere to social distancing guidelines on all the islands we visit.
Cleanliness During Charter
- Sanitizer suitable for hands and surfaces will be available in cabins and shared spaces.
- All surfaces in communal areas (cockpit, companionway, cabin doors and galley/saloon) will be sanitized each morning, lunchtime and before the end of the day.
- While on charter everyone will monitor their health and local authorities will be notified if there are any passengers with COVID-19 symptoms.
What can our guests do to help?
- We ask that our guests adhere to social distancing guidelines in the country/countries we are sailing to and from. This will include having a negative COVID-19 PCR test before arriving for your charter.
- Bring your own mask(s) and PPE equipment, as many islands we visit are unable to provide them.
- Wear masks once you land until you meet your crew.
- Agree to have a temperature test upon arrival and departure. The test must be below 38C / 100.4F.
- Let us know immediately is you suspect you may be infected or suffering from Covid19 symptoms.
- If you wish to go snorkelling bring your own snorkel and mask due to safety reasons. Fins will still be available.
BlueFoot Travel is doing its best to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions as it relates to all our sailing trips.
We are updating our website as fast as we can, but if you are joining us on a trip it is your responsibility to check your specific travel requirements by consulting your destination’s Government and health authorities, your chosen airline, embassies and other official departments. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.