Need further assistance?
What is the booking process for a Cabin Charter?
Neil and Sam at BlueFoot Travel will deliver a personalised booking process for you. We know your holiday time is precious and so we want to ensure you get the most out of your holiday.
The best way to do that is to talk. Then we can follow up via email. This way we can really understand your holiday goals, share destination and itinerary ideas, and match your needs with the best crews and yachts we know.
You can trust our guidance as we have been yacht crew for the last five years ourselves. We know the yachts, crew, destinations, and itineraries like the back of our hand. Going forward we will continue to invest in learning about new yachts and crews as we will attend the major charter yacht shows to meet new and existing crews and yacht to ensure they meet the standards you deserve.
Our service is free for you. Yacht owners pay us, the yacht charter brokers, directly for our services. And industry standards ensure that all yacht charter brokers offer the same yacht rates no matter who you book with.
We believe our inside industry knowledge sets us apart from other brokers and we hope you choose us to make your yacht charter an unforgettable experience. Below are the steps we will take you through when booking a cabin charter through BlueFoot Travel.
Should I book a Cabin Charter or a Crewed Yacht Charter?
Whether you are a solo traveller, couple or group of friends and family, we have sailing vacation options for you.
If you are travelling solo or are a couple, we suggest you book a cabin charter and join fellow minded travellers on a pre-scheduled sailing trip.
If you are travelling with a group of family or friends, we suggest you book a crewed yacht charter. If you are a couple looking for a private charter, then a crewed yacht charter could be for you too.
How do I contact you about booking a Cabin Charter?
To start your booking, you can contact us in the following ways:
- Organise a to speak to us for 20 minutes on Zoom via our online booking system on 10to8.com
- Send us your questions via the Contact Us page
- Send us an enquiry via the ‘Sailing Trip’ page you are interested in joining.
- Or you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your booking request, we will communicate via email to complete your booking or give you a call if you so wish. This ensures we can answer all your questions personally before you finalise your booking.
Please do not book flights until we have confirmed availability for your sailing trip. See our Getting To Your Yacht Charter FAQ section for more information on flights.
What are the steps in the cabin charter booking process?
- As part of our booking process, you will be asked to complete an online Booking Form. The information within this form will enable your yacht crew to complete legalities required for charter in the Caribbean
- Once completed you will be asked to pay a deposit
- About 2 months before your trip you will be asked to complete a Food and Beverage Preference Sheet, so your crew can tailor the bar and menu to meet your tastes as much as possible
- You will then be asked for your final payment
How much does a sailing trip cost?
A crewed cabin charter is like no other holiday you will ever have.
The crew on your yacht will be responsible for all your needs during a charter. Included in the price you are getting your accommodation, incredible food and drink and multiple destinations. In addition, you will have a wonderful crew who will be looking after you. They will be personalising your itinerary, planning meals to meet the whole groups’ dietary needs as well as likes and dislikes. They will also be your personal guides for tours, restaurants, and bars. They will be your taxi service to and from your boat to all the wonderful beaches and snorkel sites you want to visit. They will help you learn how to use the water toys. And they will always ensure your safety.
You will have a lot of fun with your crew, and they will want you to have the best holiday. The service you get will the best, and it is customary to recognise good service with a gratuity. The industry standard is 15-20% of the cabin charter rate.
Prices for all-inclusive cabin charters range from US$1,900 – US$5,000 per person depending on whether you are sharing a cabin or have a private suite and how long the sailing trip is.
All of our sailing vacations are very competitively priced. Pricing is dependent on whether or not you are sharing a cabin, the trip length and destination.
Each cabin charter sailing trip details the pricing options. Please contact us should you have further questions on pricing.
What is included in the price of a cabin charter?
- Commercial Captain
- Commercial Crew / Host / Cook
- A bunk or cabin and access to all other communal areas on a yacht
- Bed linens, cabin towels and beach towels
- Meals – All breakfasts, lunches, and most dinners
- Drinks – Standard ship’s bar (Soft and alcoholic beverages)
- Bag of ice each day (based on island availability)
- Use of all water toys
- All marina, customs and immigration fees
- All water, fuel and gas used on board
- Taxi service in the yacht’s tender
What is not included in the price of a cabin charter?
- All flights and transfers to and from your sailing trip (airport or hotel)
- Drinks and meals ashore (see trip for specific details)
- Premium soft and alcoholic beverages.
- Any additional excursions or tours
- Personal travel insurance
- Crew Gratuities. Gratuities are at your own discretion and if you feel that your crew have done a wonderful job then a gratuity would be most welcome! The industry standard is 15-20% of the all-inclusive rate.
- Additional costs introduced by islands to address COVID19 will not be covered by the trip costs. For example PCR tests, quarantine accommodation, additional customs and immigration fees etc.
How do I pay for a cabin charter?
You will pay the yacht directly through a bank transfer. Bank charges may apply. These will be payable by you.
We will provide you with the yachts Banking information in the Invoice.
When do I pay for my cabin charter?
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The final amount is payable as follows:
- Emily Morgan: 6 weeks before the trip start
- Skyelark: 8 weeks before the trip starts
Please refer to Booking T&Cs for those yachts that do cabin charters.
What is the cancellation process?
Please refer to the Yacht T&C’s for each yacht’s cancellation process.
What else do I need to consider?
- Trip or Travel Insurance – We always recommended getting insurance with a high-value holiday such as a cabin charter. Please remember to purchase your insurance at the booking stage. You can see more here.
- Flights – Research and book your flights. Please do not book flights until your booking is finalised.
- Passport – Please check your passport is valid for at least six months after your yacht charter ends. If not, please renew.
- Vaccination – No matter how big a yacht is, you will be in close quarters with other guests and your crew. For the safety of yourself and your crew, we highly recommend you are fully vaccinated at least 4 weeks before your sailing trip. This will also significantly reduce any quarantine time you will have to do arriving for your sailing trip and if you are sailing between different countries – e.g. Grenada to St Vincent & The Grenadines or St Martin and Anguilla.
- Visas – Please check whether you require a visa for entry into the country or countries where you are chartering.